IIn The October 2014 Section meeting saw the inauguration of the Standing Committee on Training (SCT). The STC (members listed in the table below) is responsible for leading the Section’s work on setting standards for training and quality assurance.
- Dr Andrew Brittlebank (UK) Chair
- Dr Maria Fe Bravo Ortiz (Spain)
- Dr Cecile Hannon (EPA – observer)
- Professor Edvard Hauff (Norway)
- Dr Marc Hermans (ex-Officio)
- Professor Fritz Hohagen (Germany)
- Dr Torsten Jacobsen (ex-Officio)
- Dr Kryta Krzysztof (Poland)
- Dr Howard Ryland (EFPT)
- Dr Ekin Sonmez (EFPT)
- Dr Tanja Svirskis (Finland)
The SCT also agreed to begin a piece of work with the UEMS Section of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry to examine a business case for developing a European Board Examination in Psychiatry. The SCT aims to deliver a number of tools that will support the implementation of the Standards.